Best Solar Flood Lights of 2021: Top Five Picks
If you have decided you need a lighting system for your business or private property, the next move is to determine what type you should get. LED flood lights have been around for some time now, with an array of advantages when compared to traditional lights.
However, these have their own cons, including the fact that LEDs are quite expensive and may not ensure optimal power and brightness. This is where solar flood lights can serve as a great alternative.
You might want to invest in this product for a couple of reasons. Solar flood lights are more affordable, and you will not be racking up a huge electricity bill with these.
Not only that, but you will also be contributing to the environment by reducing the carbon footprint that is produced by common electrical lights.
In most cases, these are quite easy to install and have a reliable solar panel that can offer continuous lighting for multiple hours. In order to help you with the decision, we have done our research and have reviewed a few of the best solar flood lights.
Let's take a look!
Best Solar Flood Lights Reviews
Westinghouse Security Light Flood Lights
Flood lights are ideal for people who are looking to light the area in front of their garages, patios, or porches. This particular product is highlighted by 40 efficient LED bulbs.
Also, it is highlighted by 1000 lumens of power, which ensures that you will see everything during the night. On top of all that, it comes at a price that is affordable for everyone!
Anyone who knows a thing or two about lighting systems has surely heard of Westinghouse. This company has been around for more than 100 years.
This time, they have done a superb job of providing a great lighting solution that runs on sustainable energy. It is also capable of enduring harsh weather conditions.
- IPx4 100% Waterproof: It is capable of sustaining different weather conditions, including fog, heavy rain, snow, and even sleet. The interior is resistant to humidity.
- Simple Installation: This system doesn’t involve much effort in the setup. All it takes is screwing it to the garage door or to the ground.
- 2000mAh Battery: The battery is charged using the high-power amorphous solar panel. It can provide up to 8 hours of continuous lighting.
- Solar Intelligence Technology: It is able to detect motion at 8 meters of distance. Also, it covers an area of 700 square feet with an angle of 120 degrees.
- Efficient Lighting System: The product is highlighted by 40 bulbs that are LED, white-colored, and illuminate 1000 lumens.
We love the fact that this product is wireless and doesn't require any complex hardware for installation. It is as simple as finding an appropriate spot and setting it up.
It only requires simple tools, such as a screwdriver, screws, and a socket.
While waterproof, this product doesn't feature an aluminum shell. Instead, it has a plastic exterior, which means that it can't withstand serious metric pressure.
A common feature for solar flood lights is that they are highlighted by an auto-power mechanism, as is this one.
Also, this one will detect any motion at a range of 8 meters. It will activate 40 LED bulbs that will cover an area of 700 square feet.
It is safe to say that this product holds great value. The battery can last throughout the whole night after a daytime charge of only a couple of hours.
Furthermore, it has excellent illuminating capacity. This is all to say that, for anyone who wants a reliable lighting system for their patio, this product is the way to go!
Richarm Solar Flood Lights
Moving on to a somewhat pricier flood light system, this product is incredibly sturdy. It is made to illuminate an area of 430 feet at a precise angle of 60 degrees.
Overall, it is a great choice for lighting up your patio from dusk to dawn!
The main difference between this and the aforementioned product is that you are getting two solar-powered lights. This gives you a total of 42 LED bulbs!
Their 6W, 3V power ensures they will run for hours. The main features of this system are:
- 800-Lumen Lighting: The two lights work together to illuminate the area with 800 lumens. They cover an area of up to 430 square feet.
- Polysilicon Panel: This panel is incredibly efficient, with the ability to convert less than 20% of direct sunlight into energy. Once fully charged, the 2200mAh battery lasts for up to 10 hours.
- Heavy-Duty Design: Made out of ABS and metal, the light can withstand heavy conditions and rain (IP65 waterproof).
- 16.4-Foot Cable: You can put the solar panel a great distance away from the two lights and still be able to charge them.
One of the best things about this product is the fact that the installation process is quite simple. The adjustable wall bracket plays a crucial role in this.
Not only that, but you can set this lighting system in a variety of spots, including the garage wall or patio.
The most innovative feature related to this product is that you can adjust time and levels of brightness with a remote. It also offers three different modes, including auto and manual.
Furthermore, this lighting system can cover an area of up to 430 square feet all night long. Overall, this is a product of great value that is highlighted by innovative design and powerful illumination!
RuggedGrade High-Powered Solar Flood Lights
Do you need to illuminate a large area with a commercial-grade lighting system? If so, then this RuggedGrade product is something you can put your trust in!
This product is made according to the latest industry standards. Plus, it is highlighted by CE and ROHS certificates that prove its overall quality.
- Strong 1000-Lumen Lights: The lighting system is incredibly powerful and can emit up to 1000 lumens.
- Simple Installation: You don't need a professional for mounting this light, only a screwdriver.
- 4 Different Modes: You can adjust the brightness levels according to your preference and the current time of day.
- 8000mAh Battery: The long-lasting battery provides you with up to 24 hours of continuous lighting.
- Comes with a 3.5-meter cable: There can be a distance between the solar panel and the light while still being able to charge the battery.
To start this lighting system in the first place, you need to hold the red button down for about 3 seconds. From that point onwards, using it is quite simple.
You can choose between four different modes, with the last one being to shut the light off.
The first mode is at 10% power, the second one is at 500 Lumens, while the third one is at a maximum of 1000 lumens. The overall performance is highlighted by 10-watt LEDs.
What separates this product from most of its competitors is that it can be fully charged within 7-8 hours. On the other hand, it can allow up to 24 hours of continuous use.
Still, our major concern is that it is not as sturdy as the aforementioned lights. However, the overall performance makes it a worthy choice!
SunBonar Solar Flood Lights
Moving on, this product is the perfect choice for people who want a light that offers more than 40 LEDs. It is also able to illuminate an area of around 800 square feet!
The SunBonar brand is one of the most reputable names on the market. It does a great job of providing powerful illumination and a heavy-duty design for this lighting system!
- 800-1000 Lumens: The lighting is incredibly bright and highlighted by 120 LED bulbs. These bulbs cover an area of up to 800 square feet.
- IP65 Waterproof: It offers a sturdy design that is resistant to harsh weather conditions, including rain, snow, and sleet.
- Aluminum Shell: It can withstand great metric pressure due to the sturdy design.
- 6000mAh Battery: Once fully charged, it can illuminate for up to 12 hours at a time.
- 16.4 Feet Cable: You can set the solar panel and lights at a distance of a couple of meters apart.
There are a couple of installation options, with the main one being mounting the light on a garage or a porch wall. The second one is screwing the light to the ground using the spikes, and the third is fixing the system to a flagpole.
As we have mentioned above, this product does a great job of illuminating both indoors and outdoors. The sensor detects motion 10 meters away and can effectively cover a huge area using an angle of 120 degrees.
The 6-watt solar panel is incredibly effective and charges the battery quickly. Not to mention, this product comes with a 24/7 lifetime warranty to keep you worry-free.
Overall, this is a good choice for anyone who needs a floodlight system for their large property!
Semilits Solar Flood Lights
Last but not least is this white-warm lighting system that is highlighted by 60 LED bulbs and a reliable remote control!
This Semilits product offers more than just a sturdy design and good illumination for your porch, garage, or backyard.
- Great Lifespan: You can expect up to 5 years of service, given the aluminum shell and the metal construction.
- IP65 Construction: This offers reliable, waterproof protection, which means you can use it even when it is raining outside.
- Automatic System: It is highlighted by an auto-power system that memorizes the timing and the brightness settings.
- 6000mAh Battery: The battery requires 6 hours for charging. It can provide 10 hours of continuous use at 100% brightness.
- Two Colors: You can switch between regular and warm white.
One of the most innovative features of this product is the remote control. It can be used at a distance of 20 meters from the light and the solar panel.
On the other hand, you can adjust a variety of settings, including timing and brightness of up to 800 Lumens. In this setting, you can expect it to run for at least 10 hours.
It is highlighted by an aluminum shell and tempered glass. This ensures that weather or any kind of pressure will not mess up the lighting system.
It can cover an area of around 700 square feet and detects motion from 8 meters away. However, the connectors need to be made better and not left unprotected from potential moisture.
Other than that, there is not much to say against it, as this product does a great job for the price it comes at!
Which product would we recommend the most? That would be the Semilits Solar Flood Lights!
These are highlighted by a sturdy design, a good remote control, multiple brightness modes, and a long-lasting battery.
If the price is too high for you, then the Westinghouse Solar Flood Light with 40 LED lights and up to 1000 lumens is a phenomenal choice!